[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Internet Book Database of Fiction • View topic - Song lyrics - Poetry or crap

Song lyrics - Poetry or crap

For discussing poets & poetry, music lyrics (musical poetry), ancient classical literature. Discussion on ancient mythology and folklore are also welcome.

Moderator: Kvetch

Postby Kahrey » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:13 am

That almost describes like what I feel like in a crowd of people!
"Life is trial and error. Those who succeed are those who survive their failures and keep trying." - LE Modesitt, Jr.
Kahrey
Fairy Tale Heroine - aka "Cinders"

Postby Echus Cthulhu Mythos » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:16 am

Scary!

I don't like big crowds either. I hate large moshpits especially. I am always at the side where I have room to move. In big crowds I am usually very quite, apart from when I get into that crazy mood hehehe.
The penis mighter than the sword.
Echus Cthulhu Mythos
Carpal Tunnel Victim

Postby Kahrey » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:37 am

I get real bad. Despite the temperature I will start dripping sweat, shaking horribly, and my chest starts hurting, my heart rate gets just way too high, and I can't breathe, and I lose my sense of everything. I become horrified. But I'm a weirdo. :crazy: :wink:
"Life is trial and error. Those who succeed are those who survive their failures and keep trying." - LE Modesitt, Jr.
Kahrey

Postby Echus Cthulhu Mythos » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:39 am

Echus Cthulhu Mythos
Carpal Tunnel Victim

Postby Kahrey » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:47 am

Kahrey

Postby Echus Cthulhu Mythos » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:48 am

Echus Cthulhu Mythos
Carpal Tunnel Victim

Postby MidasKnight » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:28 am

In the 60’s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
MidasKnight
Centrist

Postby Kahrey » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:02 pm

Somewhere I Belong - Linkin Park

(when this began)
I had nothing to say
And I get lost in the nothingness inside of me
(I was confused)
And I let it all out to find
That I’m not the only person with these things in mind
(inside of me)
But all that they can see the words revealed
Is the only real thing that I’ve got left to feel
(nothing to lose)
Just stuck, hollow and alone
And the fault is my own, and the fault is my own

[chorus]
I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long
(erase all the pain till it’s gone)
I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

And I’ve got nothing to say
I can’t believe I didn’t fall right down on my face
(I was confused)
Looking everywhere only to find
That it’s not the way I had imagined it all in my mind
(so what am I)
What do I have but negativity
’cause I can’t justify the way, everyone is looking at me
(nothing to lose)
Nothing to gain, hollow and alone
And the fault is my own, and the fault is my own

[repeat chorus]

I will never know myself until I do this on my own
And I will never feel anything else until my wounds are healed
I will never be anything till I break away from me
I will break away, I’ll find myself today

[repeat chorus]

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m somewhere I belong
I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m somewhere I belong
Somewhere I belong

Really like that song.
Kahrey

Postby Kahrey » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:34 pm

Some other good ones I like, all by Jars of Clay.

Fade To Grey

It’s not hard to know what you’re thinking
When you look down on me now
Your trance of love is seeking
To turn this world around
But in my state of blind confusion
No God can pull me out
I see your love is willing
To turn me inside out

And then I see you there
The lonely tears I cry
I wish they’d release me

It’s in despair that I find faith
Summon the night to bow down to day
When ignorance is bliss
Save me from myself

Chorus:

And then I see you there
With your arms open wide and you try to embrace me
These lonely tears I cry
They keep me in chains and I wish they’d release me
Cold is the night but
Colder still is the heart made of stone, turned from clay
And if you follow me
You’ll see all the black, all the white fade to grey

Fade to grey
Fade to grey

[chorus x 2]

Liquid

Arms nailed down,
Are you telling me something?
Eyes turned out,
Are you looking for someone?

This is the one thing,
The one thing that I know.

Blood-stained brow,
Are you dying for nothing?
Flesh and blood,
Is it so elemental?

This is the one thing,

Blood-stained brow,
He wasn’t broken for nothing.
Arms nailed down,
He didn’t die for nothing.

This is the one thing,

Lonely People

This is for all the lonely people
Thinkin' that life has passed them by
Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup
Ride that highway in the sky

This is for all the single people
Thinkin' life has left them dry
You'll never know until you try

'Cause, I'm on my way, yes, I'm on my way
Yeah, I'm on my way back home

This is for all the lonely people
Thinkin' that life has passed them by
She'll never take you down or give you up
You'll never know until you try
Kahrey

Postby Echus Cthulhu Mythos » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:59 pm

Echus Cthulhu Mythos
Carpal Tunnel Victim

Postby Kahrey » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:35 am

Yep, Fade to Grey is an awesome song :thumb:

Those are good lyrics, I had As We Speak on my computer, but I won't have it anymore since the hard drive is getting wiped out. :(
Kahrey

Postby Echus Cthulhu Mythos » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:53 pm

Oh yeah, I sent As We Speak to you, didn't I. :mrgreen:

I love that song.
Echus Cthulhu Mythos
Carpal Tunnel Victim

Postby Kahrey » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:27 pm

Yeah, but I have it no more!
Kahrey

Postby Echus Cthulhu Mythos » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:53 pm

When you get your pc back I'll send it again! :mrgreen:
Echus Cthulhu Mythos
Carpal Tunnel Victim

Postby Kahrey » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:00 pm

:thumb:

I may have it back by Sunday. I hope....
Kahrey

Postby Echus Cthulhu Mythos » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:06 pm

Woohoo! :mrgreen:
Echus Cthulhu Mythos
Carpal Tunnel Victim

Postby Kahrey » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:12 pm

I will be so glad, cos something is wrong with this computer. It keeps coming up with viruses when I ain't doing nothing, and I get blamed....

But anyways....back on topic!!
Kahrey

Postby Echus Cthulhu Mythos » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:28 pm

Echus Cthulhu Mythos
Carpal Tunnel Victim

Postby Kahrey » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:30 pm

That's cool, I like that.
Kahrey

Postby Echus Cthulhu Mythos » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:33 am

Echus Cthulhu Mythos
Carpal Tunnel Victim

Postby Echus Cthulhu Mythos » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:55 am

Echus Cthulhu Mythos
Carpal Tunnel Victim

Postby Kahrey » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:25 pm

:thumb:
Kahrey

Postby wolfspirit » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:08 pm

wolfspirit
MST3K

Postby Kahrey » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:13 pm

Those are good, I like them.

I might would post some if I wasn't a mite busy....
Kahrey

Postby MidasKnight » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:28 am

omg EMC, Square Nothing is one of my all time favorite songs ever!!! It is so honest and relevant. You just have to put the words 'he said' in parentheses before the line "I like the way you struggle ... " so that the reader understands it is the demon talking.

Everytime I Die is just plain cool. Have you seen the video? I love the way the camera shakes (as if the music is so heavy that it shakes the earth).
In the 60’s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
MidasKnight
Centrist

PreviousNext

Return to Poetry, Lyrics & Ancient Classics