Annana and Sydel

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

Stumillward
Bookworm

Annana and Sydel

Post by Stumillward »

Hi Mr Modesitt.

I was re-reading Fairhaven Rising and there seems to be some importance to Sydon's children, Annana and Sydel.

I wondered if they were to appear as adults in a future novel you have in mind or is the reader meant to surmise they have some importance in helping mould Fairhaven into a greater power?

The children were interesting characters as Annana as a White was well behaved but Sydel as a Black was surly and unpleasant. Whilst I know Blacks can be just as 'evil' as Whites, they tend not to be and its always interesting to read about one who doesn't fit the stereotypical norm.

Also a few years back I asked if you would ever visit the UK for book signings and you said no, however by a strange twist of fate six months later I found myself working as a Manager in a book store. If you ever change your mind (I know you probably won't, but I can wish!) you have one store as a guaranteed book signing venue! :D

Thanks in advance.

Stu
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Re: Annana and Sydel

Post by lmodesitt »

I'd frankly love to visit the UK again, but it's highly unlikely, given a variety of circumstances.

As for Annana and Sydel... yes, they do play a role in the rise of Fairhaven, at least in my mind, but I can't say at present whether I'll be able to write that book or not, but I will offer a hint -- one of Annana's descendants takes a variation on her name and plays a pivotal part in the later history of Fairhaven.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

Who do we need to bribe to get that story written? :wink:
"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

I appreciate the "encouragement" but it's not a matter of bribery, but of time.

I have two more Recluce books that I'm committed to before I can take on another, and that's without other considerations, like non-Recluce books.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

Recluce will always be my favorite -- because that's where I first "met" you -- but I'll devour everything I can get. Thank you!

For those that didn't already see this:
https://www.lemodesittjr.com/2022/09/21/20201/
"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
Stumillward
Bookworm

Post by Stumillward »

Hi Mr Modesitt,

That’s pretty ingenious with Annana’s descendant & I never even twigged with the name similarity.

Thanks once again.

Stu

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”