Quince Paste

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

IndomitableEm
Bookworm

Quince Paste

Post by IndomitableEm »

This is a silly little post, but if means a lot to me so I thought I'd share it.

My best friend (and roommate) was the one who introduced me to Mr. Modesitt's work over a decade ago. He immediately became my favorite author and I've been voraciously reading his books ever since. For better or worse, I am reading or rereading a Modesitt book poetically 90% of the time.

Due to a number of factors, my friend hasn't been able to keep up with Mr. Modesitt's books over the past few years, but he recently started reading The Grand Illusion books, both because it was a new series (so he could get back in on the ground floor) and because I spoke so highly of it. One of the factors we both really enjoyed talking and joking about was Dekkard's strict routine, including his two croissants with quince paste every morning.

Neither of us had ever tried quince paste, but he decided to special order some online (he couldn't find it locally, unfortunately). We tried it for the first time tonight and both loved it! It's a real possibility that we may be taking a leaf out of Dekkard's book soon and start our mornings with some croissants and quince paste. 😆

So thank you Mr. Modesitt for bringing something new into our friendship and lives through your wonderful writing!
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Re: Quince Paste

Post by CodeBlower »

So .. now I'm dying of curiosity .. what's it taste like?
"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Re: Quince Paste

Post by lmodesitt »

I'm glad you're enjoying the quince paste. We had a quince bush at one house where we lived, but the birds and possibly the raccoons ate the quince before we could.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”