LEM blog Recluce announcement: From the Forest

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

LEM blog Recluce announcement: From the Forest

Post by CodeBlower »

"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
Ghost
Judge Roy Bean

Re: LEM blog Recluce announcement: From the Forest

Post by Ghost »

Can't wait ... well I guess I will have to.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you,
S Adams
Spectralfire
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Spectralfire »

I haven’t posted anything here since 2010 but I just finished Fairhaven Rising and wanted to see what’s in the works. This is great news. Now I have a reason to re-read my favorite Recluce protagonist’s books again.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

https://www.lemodesittjr.com/2023/03/28/20386/
I’ve just turned in the third book about Alyiakal, entitled Sub-Majer’s Challenge, which is scheduled for release in February of 2026. I know. It seems like Tor/Macmillan takes longer and longer to put out my books, but that’s not something under my control, and it’s partly dictated by the requirements set forth by Amazon and B&N. I just do my best to write the books.

Contrarian, the third book in “The Grand Illusion” will out in mid-August, and From the Forest, the first book about Alyiakal, will be out in February of 2024; so there’s only six months between those two.
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

Y'all may want to sit down for this .. four upcoming Recluce books ..

https://www.lemodesittjr.com/2023/04/20/20412/
I’ve just turned in the latest Recluce book — Sub-Majer’s Challenge . This is the third book about Alyiakal (and yes, I’m aready working on the fourth one). In the meantime, I’ve been working with Tor, and it looks like all of the Alyiakal books will be moved up so that there’s less time between them. From the Forest — the first Alyiakal book — is now slated for next January, rather than February, and the next two — Overcaptain and Sub-Majer’s Challenge — will also be closer together.
-=-
kempd1
Apprentice Scribe

Post by kempd1 »

Thank you for sharing. I recently restarted the series and am excited to read about the new story arc that will be forthcoming. The books about Lorn are two of my favorites in the series, and I will enjoy reading more about Cyad during this time period.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

Mr. Modesitt's blog recently mentioned the final book in the upcoming 4-part set of Recluce releases ..
It’s official now. The fourth book about Alyiakal — Last of the First — is completed and in Tor’s hands. I’d originally thought that I could finish Alyiakal’s story in three books, but it took four, given that Tor wouldn’t have been all that happy with three 750 page books. And if you’re counting, Last of the First is my eighty-fifth novel, but because of various publishing oddities, including omnibus volumes, there are at least 92 different titles involving those eighty-five books, in English, that is.

I’m also working on a story for a kickstarter anthology (Last-Ditch) from small-press Zombies Need Brains. In that anthology, all the stories feature protagonists who are the last-ditch hope for stopping the force or forces that will bring disaster.
-=-
Alyiakal
Bookworm

Post by Alyiakal »

As someone who has appropriated Alyiakal's name as a screename, I am very much looking forward to these upcoming books. Having 4 on the subject is amazing.

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”