The funny little things that make you think of Mr. Modesitt

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

Mythbhavd
Scribe Adept

The funny little things that make you think of Mr. Modesitt

Post by Mythbhavd »

Tonight, I was eating a nice moist loaf of a rich dark bread made with molasses and couldn't help but think of Mr. Modesitt. Sometimes French toast, which I am convinced is his favorite breakfast, the sound of a horse neighing, watching a knowing look pass between others, and other things bring him and his character's mannerisms to mind.
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Re: The funny little things that make you think of Mr. Modesitt

Post by lmodesitt »

I wouldn't say that French toast is my most favorite breakfast, but it is one of them, particularly when I make it with fresh cinnamon-chip bread and slather it with butter and top it with good dark maple syrup, accompanied, of course, by crisp bacon, fresh fruit, and Earl Gray tea.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
Mythbhavd
Scribe Adept

Post by Mythbhavd »

That sounds delicious.
Kahrey
Fairy Tale Heroine - aka "Cinders"

Post by Kahrey »

And now I am hungry...

I always associate black oak with Mr. Modesitt.

Any time there is pear or apple, I think of pearapples.
"Life is trial and error. Those who succeed are those who survive their failures and keep trying." - LE Modesitt, Jr.
Ghost
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Ghost »

Does sound delicious ... the French Toast, not the black-oak.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you,
S Adams
Aunflin
Legionnaire

Post by Aunflin »

It does, indeed. Haven't had French toast for a while, though I rather enjoy it. Black oak is definitely not as tasty.

When I watch the news about politics or economics or the environment, I think of Mr. Modesitt...and contemplate what's really going on in the world. And just like Kahrey, I think of pearapples whenever apples or pears are mentioned. Also, whenever I eat bread or cheese (or both together with may some fruit), I think of him or his books. Every time I reread the Magic Engineer, I get ravenous for bread, cheese, fruit, and cider, since that's all Dorrin ever seemed to eat unless someone else fixed something fancier.
"A writer's chosen task is to write well and professionally. If you can't keep doing it, then you're no longer a professional, but a gifted amateur." L. E. Modessit, jr.
KevinT
Apprentice Scribe

Post by KevinT »

Every time I read a story chock full of internal dialog of an ethical nature, or when I engage in such myself...

That reminds me, does anyone else's internal dialog appear in italics?
Lucent
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Lucent »

KevinT wrote: That reminds me, does anyone else's internal dialog appear in italics?
No... that would just be crazy, everyone knows it’s superscript

I look for mutton at every new restaurant, Texas de Brazil is the only one so far where I have found it.
Can you smell that?

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”