Volleyball 2015-16 Commentary

Discussions about writing, peer reviews, word games, and writing contests (re: "volleyball") for amateurs.

Moderator: Ghost

Kahrey
Fairy Tale Heroine - aka "Cinders"

Volleyball 2015-16 Commentary

Post by Kahrey »

This is the thread for Volleyball discussions and questions!

Rules:
1. GENRE HOPPING: Just to make things interesting, each new post must switch to a different genre style (i.e, Sci Fi, Horror, Gumshoe Mystery, Romance, Fantasy, Juvenile, Comedy, Anime/Cartoon, Superheroes, etc.). You must announce that genre at the top of your post, before actually beginning.

2. CONTINUITY: A given post must end abruptly, in mid-story, with an elipsis (...) and the next person to post MUST pick up immediately where the previous post left off, using their new genre style - after that, all bets are off. You can steer the story wherever you wish, being as conservative, or as crazy as you desire.

3. TURNS: Participants are not allowed to respond to their own posts - after you post, you must wait for at least 1 other person to post before posting again. To avoid crossing posts, we'll use a 'token key' system - if the thread appears open, and waiting for a response, post "OK, MY TURN" ... after that, you have up to ONE HOUR to make your post. If more than one hour goes by, it's thrown open to all comers who wish to declare it's THEIR turn. However, if nobody else has claimed the turn by the time your delayed post is ready, then go ahead and post it.
n.b. - once you have grabbed your turn - for your post simply "edit" your turn lock. Dropped tokens will at some stage be edited out...

4. EFFORT: Dont trivialize - put a little effort into making your post interesting & entertaining, otherwise there's no point in playing. Be as funny, or as serious as you like. The whole point is to have a little mutual fun bouncing around a constantly evolving plot - like a crowd with a beach ball.

5. LENGTH: There is no minimum or maximum length for any given post - provided you can write it in less than 1 hour.

6. RATING: The forum is essentially PG13 - we will exercise some lattitude in this area - but if you wish to cross the line you do so at the risk of censorship!
This board has been dead for like two years, and the last Volleyball was in 2011, but I'm hoping someone will play with me!
"Life is trial and error. Those who succeed are those who survive their failures and keep trying." - LE Modesitt, Jr.
clong
Blade Runner

Re: Volleyball 2015 Commentary

Post by clong »

It took me a long time to recover from Volleyball withdrawal. :mrgreen: I will play.
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

Yay! I was SO hoping you would say that!
"Life is trial and error. Those who succeed are those who survive their failures and keep trying." - LE Modesitt, Jr.
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

It was probably a cheat to go from "Alien Invasion" to "Sci-Fi." But oh well. It's done.
clong
Blade Runner

Post by clong »

Very nice, Kahrey! :clap:

I am going to try to talk my daughter into playing as well...
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

YAY! We need more people!
clong
Blade Runner

Post by clong »

I do have an idea for a next post...just haven't really had time to sit down and write it this week. Which is not to say that someone else shouldn't take the plunge if they are so inclined... :mrgreen:
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

:banana:
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

Wonderful, clong! I'm sorry I have just now read it, been having a rough week, and on a vacation of sorts this weekend. I will be thinking of the next post!
clong
Blade Runner

Post by clong »

Thanks! I will look forward to seeing what you come up with :mrgreen: .
lazerthecat
Bookworm

Post by lazerthecat »

Sorry for stealing your thunder, Kahrey. These kinda things are fun, and hey, I guess that just adds more to do, right?

In other news--I haven't been on here in two years and this is the first thing I do. This should be pretty fun. And spy is totally a genre. Totally. (I'm actually pretty sure it is, but it feels pretty close to private investigators. Oh well.)
"Regret nothing, until it is too late. Then, regret everything." --Welcome to Night Vale
clong
Blade Runner

Post by clong »

Welcome, lazerthecat! (who by the way is my oldest daughter :mrgreen: )
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

SO glad we have another participant! YAY!

Sorry I went AWOL. Velcro baby + cluster feeding baby = never having two hands (and usually not even one) with which to type.
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

So...turns out I suck.

I could make up excuses about why I wasn't participating. Like, babies aren't all that easy, especially one who doesn't sleep, and I don't get much time at my computer anymore, and I don't get much uninterrupted time to think about these posts (which is kind of required). I've kept up my blog somewhat, but it's been hard and it's meant writing things over the course of a week on my phone.

So anyways, I'm MUCH better typing on my phone than I used to be. I'm getting better at writing amidst loud noises while being pulled on, so can we make this VB 2015-2016? I thought since I was the original poster it would let me change it, but alas no.
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

Posted.

I know those aren't for real Haikus, but I did sepcifiy untraditional. I did four because I felt like one was cheating and didn't advance the story much.

Notice I did include nature in one, intentional.
clong
Blade Runner

Post by clong »

Great to see you back, Kahrey! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We aren't in any hurry :mrgreen:
Kahrey

Re: Volleyball 2015-16 Commentary

Post by Kahrey »

Glad to be back! And thanks for changing the title. I felt it was more appropriate than starting a new one.

I kept wanting to be here, but when I can barely get through a non-fiction paragraph... Yeah...
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

Love the genre, clong!

Hoping to post later on tonight...
clong
Blade Runner

Post by clong »

Great post, Kahrey!!! I will work on a follow up soon :mrgreen:
clong
Blade Runner

Post by clong »

I needed her name to have three syllables, so it became Brigita instead of Bridgette
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

I finally made it!

What do you think...should we keep this story going? Or start anew? I am open to either. This one is still short yet, so...it almost seems a waste to leave it...
clong
Blade Runner

Post by clong »

I am also open to either. If you want to pick up where we left off, great. If you'd rather start something new, I'll respond. :mrgreen:
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

Clong, I would just like you to know I spent approximately five hours (because work and toddler) writing a post, and when I went to post it, guess what, the IBDoF logged me out. :shock: So yeah, it's gone. I guess I forgot I used to have to do this in Word and copy and paste...

Ugh... I am working on it, but now it's probably going to be this evening...
clong
Blade Runner

Post by clong »

It makes me sad that your work was lost :cry:

But it makes me happy that we are going to pick up volleyball again :banana:

Unfortunately, I am afraid that the people who might check on technical problems with the site are all gone... but let me see what I can find out.
Kahrey

Post by Kahrey »

clong wrote:Unfortunately, I am afraid that the people who might check on technical problems with the site are all gone... but let me see what I can find out.
The site is actually quite messed up if you try to Register as a new user.

I am afraid this is probably all my fault. I've had it up since last night (like an idiot, I know) working on it. Hopefully tonight I can get the whole thing out.

Return to “The Quill & Fountain”