Running through Recluce with Ears

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

Lucent
Apprentice Scribe

Running through Recluce with Ears

Post by Lucent »

I have recently received cochlear implants and thus needed something familiar to help me learn to hear. I figured the Recluce novels were ideal for this, thus I have been purchasing the audiobooks and using them for fun and with purpose. I will note that since the first implant being turned on in December, that I have developed amazing hearing skills using this method, though I fear to get to Wellspring of Choas since if the narrator gives Karl a soft feminine voice I'll be bothered!

I am currently listening to Fall of Angels, and just went through the ethical conversation between Nylan and Relyn(sp), it is moments like those in the writings of L.E. Modesitt that clearly show why I have delved back into the stories so many times throughout my life. It's not just entertainment, but important pieces of wisdom that seem to be oh so missing in our world today.

Thanks,
Lucent
Can you smell that?
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Re: Running through Recluce with Ears

Post by lmodesitt »

Thank you. I'm glad the Recluce novels are helping you with hearing. Although I've received a number of comments about how my books have taught readers something, this is the first time that anyone has told me about using them to learn how to hear.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
Lucent
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Running through Recluce with Ears

Post by Lucent »

lmodesitt wrote:Thank you. I'm glad the Recluce novels are helping you with hearing. Although I've received a number of comments about how my books have taught readers something, this is the first time that anyone has told me about using them to learn how to hear.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
Well deserved indeed LEM, when my audiologist suggested that I read books to myself to learn how to understand speech... I've been waiting 20 years to listen to audiobooks, the solution was clear and the content was just as clear.
Can you smell that?

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”