Sir Robin Knox-Johnstone - Sailing - 7

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

Darb
Punoholic

Sir Robin Knox-Johnstone - Sailing - 7

Post by Darb »

Sailing

Back when I read this (circa 1979) it was a nice introduction to sailing ... which I used to do a fair amount of, back in my High School days (mostly small 1-man boats, like Sunfish). The author covers all the basics, including terminology, rigging, tacking, and essentially how to maneuver an air-driven boat sans motor or oars.

The author has since gone on to an illustrious career, including sailing around the world, and has written quite an array of books on the subject.

The book is a bit dated in places due to technological advances (ex: GPS & computerized charts, sattelite weather, cell phones, etc.), but still very serviceable.

Have you read this book? Click here to rate it!

Return to “The Critic's Corner”