Richard Burton Matheson - I Am Legend - 9

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

violetblue
Viking Skald

Richard Burton Matheson - I Am Legend - 9

Post by violetblue »

I Am Legend

I Am Legend
Rating: 9
By: Richard Matheson

I wasn’t sure what to expect of I Am Legend before I read it. On one hand, it is the basis for the Vincent Price “classicâ€
N is for NEVILLE, who died of ennui
--Edward Gorley
Blair
Bookworm

Post by Blair »

I've been meaning to read Matheson for some time now.

After reading your review, I'll have to bump him up a little higher on my list. :beer:
violetblue
Viking Skald

Post by violetblue »

Let us know your thoughts on the book when it makes it to number 1 on your reading list! I know several other people on this forum have read this story. It's hard for me to describe what surprised me most about this story... I think, for lack of a better description, it seemed so modern, like it could have been written recently instead of in the 1950's. Timeless might be a word to use. Can anyone else express this aspect of the story better than me? (vb nudges clong)
N is for NEVILLE, who died of ennui
--Edward Gorley
Archren
Scribe Adept

Post by Archren »

Looking at my bookshelf, I see that I picked up a stand-alone hardcover of this a few years ago. It is now off the shelf and onto the to-read pile where it belongs. Thanks VB!

Return to “The Critic's Corner”