Robert Lynn Asprin /Peter Jewell Heck - No Phule Like an Old Phule - 7

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

Archren
Scribe Adept

Robert Lynn Asprin /Peter Jewell Heck - No Phule Like an Old Phule - 7

Post by Archren »

No Phule Like an Old Phule /Phule\'s Company /5

Sometimes it seems like there’s more humorous fantasy stories out there (Discworld, etc.) than humorous SF stories (Hitchhiker’s Guide, etc.). And that may still be true. However, from Robert Asprin we do have some good stuff for the SF side, namely the “Phule’s Companyâ€
violetblue
Viking Skald

Post by violetblue »

Aspirin is a writer I have heard a lot about and never read. Thanks for mentioning that acronym in the book; that was my laugh for the morning. It might be worth reading just to read the bad puns (which I love).
KeE
Scholar

Post by KeE »

The whole series is recommended as a enjoyable light read, specially for those who have at one time in their life served in a military outfit- Asprin has all the types and situations down pat.

It's been some time since I read them, so I'll review after a reread (if I get to reread them, that is)

KEE
It is written.
Archren
Scribe Adept

Post by Archren »

The reviews on Amazon indicated that this one was a fall from grace and extremely dull compared to the first 4 books, so it might be best to start at the beginning: "Phule's Company." When I get a chance I'll be picking up that one and probably the second one as well ("Phule's Paradise").

Between the character names and the acronyms, there's a whole lotta groaning going on in these. :lol:

Return to “The Critic's Corner”