John Connolly - Book of Lost Things, The - 9

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

StefanY
Jedi Librarian

John Connolly - Book of Lost Things, The - 9

Post by StefanY »

Book of Lost Things, The

Wow, what a great book! I can honestly say that this was much more than I expected.

The Book of Lost Things is a wonderful fantasy adventure novel that takes a young English boy and transports him to a magical land from which he must search for his way home. The main plot is a familiar one in many young adult/juvenile fantasy's but this book is clearly intended for more adult readers. Connolly has created a world where fairytale and myth are heavily intertwined with his storyline and he has injected wit, violence and compelling characters throughout.

We witness the main character's growth from sullen child to a young man beginning his journey into man-hood. The transformation isn't easy and there are many temptations and perils along the way, but it is definitely a journey that takes hold of the reader. I'd highly recommend this novel and will definitely be pursuing more of Connolly's work.

Have you read this book? Click here to rate it!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/styates/ChiefsArrowhead.jpg[/img]

Return to “The Critic's Corner”